Guide to switch version stores

Malcolm Qian

Oct 9, 2022, 11:38:14 PM10/9/22
to projectnessie
Hi folks,

I completed the pilot run of Nessie with the rocksdb version store and for production deployment, I'd like to switch to a transactional store. Is it possible to migrate from rocksdb to postgresql? Any pointers or docs are highly appreciated.

P.S. I deployed Nessie on K8S with Helm Chart.

Regards,
canopenerda

Ajantha Bhat

Oct 10, 2022, 1:09:19 AM10/10/22
to Malcolm Qian, projectnessie
Hi Canopenerda,

Yes. it is possible to migrate from rocksdb to postgressql.

Please have a look at this document about a tool that supports backend store migration.
https://github.com/projectnessie/nessie/blob/main/site/docs/tools/export_import.md

Thanks,
Ajantha