How to use Mesa in Colab?

Fernanda Mota

Jun 15, 2020, 12:53:27 PM6/15/20
to ProjectMesa
Hi,

I'm trying to use MESA on google collaborate (https://www.colab.re/). Would someone have any tips / tutorials to help me?

My problem is when I run the examples in the collab, because the table generates a link to a local web page (, but I can't open it to simulate the example.

image.png
Also when I created an agent at colab he didn't recognize imports.

image.png
Thank you so much for your help

Jackie K.

Jun 15, 2020, 4:39:36 PM6/15/20
to ProjectMesa
The image don't seem to have gone thru. Can you try to resend?

Google colab only installs certain libraries. Other libraries you have to manually install.

Fernanda Mota

Jun 20, 2020, 10:09:30 AM6/20/20
to ProjectMesa
Thank you so much. I sent you a private e-mail with the images because here I cannot attach images.

Dan Adler

Jan 9, 2021, 8:10:50 PM1/9/21
to ProjectMesa
Hi,

I just discovered Mesa today. Great project!

As part of learning it, I figured our how to create parametrized interactive runs in google colab.

So far, I have two examples from the tutorials.

One with interactive parameters, and one also with stepwise animation.

You can find them here:

Enjoy,
-Dan