Issue With Installing PyChrono Packages

Jack Wagner

May 22, 2024, 12:25:28 AMMay 22
to ProjectChrono
I am new to using PyChrono and have been having issues with the installation process. Specifically, I am trying to download gnuplot on 9.0.0 in a Python 3.9 environment on Windows 10/11. I keep running into PackageNotFoundErrors despite having the conda-forge channel added. Is it fine to run PyChrono without the gnuplot package? I was running into some issues running a few of the demo projects, so I wasn't sure if some of the functionalities of the PyChrono package would be limited due to the lack of this package.

If it's not possible to use PyChrono without gnuplot, then how would I go about getting gnuplot into my environment. I understand that the packages available in conda-forge are meant for Linux and OSX, so I wasn't sure if there was a workaround for Windows available. Thought I would come here for the issue as I have been searching everywhere online and could not find anything about it.

Radu Serban

May 30, 2024, 2:59:04 AMMay 30
to ProjectChrono

Jack,

Gnuplot is not required for PyChrono.  And you can always modify any of the Python Chrono demos that use gnuplot to instead use something like matplotlib.

--Radu

Message has been deleted

Jack Wagner

May 31, 2024, 5:23:00 PMMay 31
to ProjectChrono
Thanks for the clarification!

Another thing I noticed was that there were demo files missing in the 9.0.0 Python 3.9 package I downloaded (win-64_pychrono-9.0.0-py39_4852) and I was wondering if this was an installation error or something on purpose. I only ask because the documentation mentions there being demos on how to configure Irrilcht simulations but it is missing a lot of the tutorials the documentation mentions to check out ( demo_IRR_earthquake.py ,  demo_IRR_crank_plot.py , etc.). Apologies for any confusion, I am new to using PyChrono and Anaconda and am just trying to make sure I have my environment set up correctly.