Creat articulated vehicles with pychrono

ttt feng

Nov 13, 2022, 6:58:57 AM11/13/22
to ProjectChrono
Dear all,
Many thanks to the ProjectChrono team for making chrono so perfect, but when I'm building an articulated vehicle via pychrono using the template in chrono.vehicle, I'm running into some problems.

It seems that I haven't found the demo of articulated vehicle in pychrono. Please let me know if it exists.
And how can I use the template of chrono::vehicle to build articulated vehicles through pychrono.

Best Regards

Radu Serban

Nov 16, 2022, 6:41:20 PM11/16/22
to ProjectChrono

PyChrono does not wrap all classes required to build a vehicle model from the various subsystem templates, the way it is done in the C++ demo_VEH_ArticulatedVehicle.

For now, we wrapped in Python some of the prebuilt models in the Chrono::Vehicle models library.

However, you can use from Python a Chrono::Vehicle model that is specified through JSON files.  See demo_VEH_WheeledJSON.py.  As such, the only way to use that articulated vehicle model in Python is to construct the necessary set of JSON specification files for the vehicle and for all its subsystems.

--Radu