Is there any kind of Blender integration planned?

Juha Mukari

Jan 7, 2022, 9:39:24 AMJan 7
to ProjectChrono
Just wanted to ask:
Is there any Blender integration planned in future?

JASON Z

Jan 9, 2022, 1:16:18 AMJan 9
to ProjectChrono
Hi,

We already have partial support for blender rendering, take a look here:  chrono/src/demos/tools/blender_py/

However, if you are looking for blender rendering for Chrono::GPU or Chrono::FSI, I would suggest you use granular system in blender to do it youself based on outputs. We did blender rendering on granular material before, but we need some time to finalize and generalize a final support.

Here are example simulations rendered by blender, simulated by Chrono::FSI (We wrote our customized blender scripts to render)

Jason