liquefaction modeling

Hamed Bahmani

Jun 12, 2024, 12:50:33 PMJun 12
to projec...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone.
I am planning to model the liquefaction phenomenon in sand using the DEM method. In this regard I need to model soil particles and fluid (water in case of fully saturated soil and water and air in case of partially saturated soil), so I need to use a method like CFD-DEM coupled model. I was wondering if Chrono can do this and if yes, which package is recommended?
Thank you in advance
Hamed

Ruochun Zhang

Jun 13, 2024, 8:13:04 AMJun 13
to ProjectChrono
Hi Hamed,

Julian on this forum is trying something similar using Chrono DEM-Engine. You can view some of the discussions starting from here. It is done via a co-simulation between Chrono DEM-Engine and OpenFOAM.

So that's the DEM part taken care of. About the CFD part, you could choose your own package such as OpenFOAM, or maybe someone on this forum with more experience can comment on whether Chrono::FSI can do that.

Thank you,
Ruochun