Soil Properties for FEA terrain model

Deniz Tanyildiz

Feb 14, 2022, 7:07:26 AM2/14/22
to ProjectChrono
Dear Chrono Team,
First of all, sorry for asking so many questions lately.
I've been trying to run a simulation of a vehicle on FEA terrain on different soil types, such as clay, rock, sand, etc. The problem that I face is related with the soil parameters. I'm looking for soil parameters on research papers, but somehow they are not complete. For instance, I'd like to run a simulation of a vehicle running on sandy soil, but can't find the yield stress for sand, or hardening slope. Neither do I know the soil type that has been provided as default in FEA terrain model inside chrono. I'd be glad if you could give me some hints about finding these soil parameters. Do you know any type of source where I can obtain them?
Thank you very much and have a nice day.
Regards,
Deniz