Pychrono installation

Declan Mulroy

Sep 24, 2022, 8:23:10 PM9/24/22
to ProjectChrono
Hello,

I am having trouble with the installation of pycrhono, specifically the latest version. I went through some of the past responses. However, I could not find one where this was the outcome. I tried googling in general what this means and I could not find anything specific (Usually python was more specific. )

Does anyone know how to fix this? I also followed the installation instructions from the website as well.

"
(chrono) C:\Users\dmulr>conda install -c projectchrono pychrono
Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.
Solving environment: failed with repodata from current_repodata.json, will retry with next repodata source.
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.
Solving environment: -
Found conflicts! Looking for incompatible packages.
This can take several minutes.  Press CTRL-C to abort.
failed

UnsatisfiableError: The following specifications were found to be incompatible with each other:

Output in format: Requested package -> Available versions

"

Thank you,

Declan

Declan Mulroy

Sep 25, 2022, 1:08:12 PM9/25/22
to ProjectChrono
As an update. I tried installing it on multiple environments but they all failed. I used the instructions from pychrono. I then tried using the approach from the previous link, where we installed a specific version with the command

"conda install <pychrono_package>.tar.bz2. "
That also had certain issues as well. I have finally tried uninstalling and reinstalling anaconda and repeating the entire process. However, this did not work either. Everytime the issue is

"(soro) C:\Users\dmulr>conda install -c projectchrono pychrono

Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.
Solving environment: failed with repodata from current_repodata.json, will retry with next repodata source.
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.
Solving environment: -
Found conflicts! Looking for incompatible packages.
This can take several minutes.  Press CTRL-C to abort.\
failed

UnsatisfiableError: The following specifications were found to be incompatible with each other:

Output in format: Requested package -> Available versions"

I am using python 3.9,

I tried both pychrono and the developer branch. Is there an alternative way to install or an alternative command that works?

Thank you,

Declan

Declan Mulroy

Sep 25, 2022, 7:29:40 PM9/25/22
to ProjectChrono
An additional update.  I attempted to install it on another computer as well to determine if it was my computer.  I ended up with the same error as previously outlined on the alternative computer.
"Output in format: Requested package -> Available versions"

I'm providing this just as additional information.

Thank you,

Declan Mulroy