Full vehicle model with FEA Tire force

Siyuan Yu

Jan 24, 2023, 4:53:06 PM1/24/23
to ProjectChrono
Hi developers,

We want to test if the semi-empirical tire forces (Pacjka/TMeasy) can be employed when the terrain in nonplanar. To do that we want to use FEA tire force with a full vehicle model on 3D terrain. Then our questions would be:
  1. We can not find any examples using FEA tire force on rigid terrain in pychrono or Chrono. If we simply set the tire force type to ANCF/Reinssner/FEA, the simulation cannot continue. It would be really helpful if we can have an example like this.
  2. Has the semi-empirical  tire forces be validated on 3D terrain?
Thanks in advance,
Siyuan