irrlicht 1.8.5 have not lib file of Linux

yaoyiyao

Nov 17, 2022, 8:29:22 AM11/17/22
to ProjectChrono
Hi. I download irrlicht 1.8.5 from https://irrlicht.sourceforge.io/?page_id=10.
But I compile in cmake,the irrlicht  library can't find lib file , Linux folder is empty in lib.
4RNXC24HQR9F{B8@X{CY5S8.png
Many thanks in advance.

Radu Serban

Nov 17, 2022, 8:49:31 AM11/17/22
to ProjectChrono

This is not really a Chrono issue.  Having said that, read the file “source.txt” in the source/ directory of Irrlicht; it tells you how to build the library under Linux.  Alternatively, install a pre-built Irrlicht package for your Linux distribution.

--Radu

Nov 17, 2022, 9:44:42 AM11/17/22
to ProjectChrono
Thank you for your replay.
I build the library under Linux successfully.
then I generate in cmake .
I  run command make  in the same build directory as the newly created Makefile.but  it throws the following error.
PVEH[SOQ%COMB_RG1}P76ME.png

Dario Mangoni

Nov 17, 2022, 11:23:23 AM11/17/22
to ProjectChrono
As it is reported by the compiler, you should recompile with -fPIC

Freya the Goddess

Nov 18, 2022, 2:23:54 PM11/18/22
to Dario Mangoni, ProjectChrono
Yes add -fPIC so the compiling will go to 100%.

--
С наилучшими пожеланиями, Богиня Фрейя
Atenciosamente, Freya the Goddess

Yaroslav

Jun 15, 2023, 11:27:43 AM6/15/23
to ProjectChrono
Hello, did you solve this problem?

четверг, 17 ноября 2022 г. в 19:44:42 UTC+5, yaoyiyao: