DEM-Engine Installation

Yong Tang

Jul 12, 2024, 10:42:53 PMJul 12
to ProjectChrono
Hi All,

recently, I installed the Project chrono with core and GPU modules on my windows desktop. I want to install the DEM-Engine now.

I followed the information from this webpage: https://github.com/projectchrono/DEM-Engine
I installed CUDA 12.5, CMAKE 3.29, and CCMKAE 3.22 on Ubuntu (VMware workstation 17 player).  Then, it tells me I need GPU passthrough. However, it seems that VMware 17 does not support GPU passthrough.

I also tried the WSL way to build the Ubuntu and installed the DEM engine. When I run the code, it shows segmentation fault.

I am a little bit confused. What is the correct way to install DEM engine?

1) Ubuntu inside VMware (if its has the GPU passthrough function).
2) pure Linux system without virtual machine.
3) under windows system.

Is there anyone who can clarify this for me?

Best,
Yong

Ruochun Zhang

Jul 15, 2024, 5:04:00 AM (12 days ago) Jul 15
to ProjectChrono
Hi Yong,

As per our offline discussion, you should be able to use DEME with 1) and 2). Neither Windows nor WSL works at this point but we are looking into it.

Thank you,
Ruochun