How to create uneven rigid terrain?

yaoyiyao

Mar 5, 2023, 4:40:04 AM3/5/23
to ProjectChrono
hello,I want to konw how to  create uneven rigid terrain(such as cement road,city road ,contains information on road roughness) ?
I appreciate any feedback?
thank you

Radu Serban

Mar 5, 2023, 5:21:25 AM3/5/23
to yaoyiyao, ProjectChrono
For an actual road, your best choice will be CRGTerrain. See https://github.com/projectchrono/chrono/blob/main/src/chrono_vehicle/terrain/CRGTerrain.h and corresponding demos.  For an unstructured terrain patch, use RigidTerrain (https://github.com/projectchrono/chrono/blob/main/src/chrono_vehicle/terrain/RigidTerrain.h) using either a trimesh or a heightmap image with desired properties.  Depending on the resolution, the latter can become quite expensive.

--Radu