Error on MKL

Romain Speck

Dec 10, 2020, 5:36:23 AM12/10/20
to ProjectChrono
Hi everyone,
I have a problem, I installed Chronos on a Linux PC with MKL and I want to use MKL but the fact is that MKL run correctly with all demos but when I try to create my own project it doesn't work.

I have this error message :"inputs are invalid, or the algorithm has been improperly called
Solver setup failed"

if someone could help me it would be very nice!

RS

Radu Serban

Dec 10, 2020, 6:48:43 AM12/10/20
to projec...@googlegroups.com

Hi RS,

Have you looked in the chrono-projects repository (https://github.com/projectchrono/chrono-projects)?  All programs in that repository are set up the same way as you've probably set up your own project (i.e. linking to external Chrono libraries).  For example, check whether or not test_FEA_shellsANCF works (that uses the PardisoMKL solver).

Otherwise, the problem may well be with your model.  In particular, if you have a model with constraints, ensure that there are no redundant constraints.  That would lead to a singular system matrix and PardisoMKL has issues with such a problem.  In that case, consider using the MUMPS solver, or else the SparseQR solver from Eigen (also exposed in Chrono).

--Radu

Radu Serban

Dec 10, 2020, 7:47:50 AM12/10/20
to spec...@gmail.com, ProjectChrono

RS, please continue these conversations on the mailing list (so others can contribute to the discussion or else benefit from it).

From what you describe, it then sounds like an issue with how you configure your project and link to the Chrono libraries.   Assuming you are able to configure, build, and run the examples in the chrono-projects repository I mentioned before, take a look at how the CMakeLists files are set up there.

Best,
Radu

On 12/10/2020 12:59 PM, spec...@gmail.com wrote:

I’m sorry I forgot to say Something, The error appears when I try to copy a demo and when I run it with my own project the problem appears so I really don't understand. But it works with the demo.

Thanks for your answer.

RS

Provenance : Courrier pour Windows 10

De : 'Radu Serban' via ProjectChrono