error: ¨inputs are invalid, or the algorithm has been improperly called¨ when using MKL solver in v5.0.1

Vito Zago

Apr 15, 2020, 1:11:33 PM4/15/20
to ProjectChrono
Hello all,

I´m trying to use the MKL solver in one of my project and when I run DoStepDynamic I get the following output:

Solver setup
  call number:    0
  use learner?    0
  pattern locked? 0
  CALL learner:   0
  CALL reserve:   1
 Solver setup [0] n = 17  nnz = 143
  assembly matrix:   0.029624s
  analyze+factorize: 0.0295201s
Solver setup failed
inputs are invalid, or the algorithm has been improperly called

To see if I was doing something wrong I have tried using the same setup as the demo_FEA_cableMKL, which works fine in the demo, but embedded in my project fails with the same error message. (The MINRES solver works fine).

I have been unable to determine what is wrong with my usage, especially when using the demo_FEA_cableMKL setup.

The main difference I can think of is that I´m using nvcc to build and link my project, which is not the case with the demo.

If anybody has any idea on what could be wrong, or any suggestions on how to debug the issue, it would be very appreciated.

thanks in advance for the assistance,
Vito