Checkpoint file in GPU module

Yi Zhong

Dec 15, 2021, 4:53:25 PM12/15/21
to ProjectChrono
Hi,

I am using the GPU module in Chrono/7.0.0. I noticed that when UseMaterialBasedModel , some simulation parameters such as Young's modulus, and Poisson's ratio are not included in the checkpoint file. I would like to make sure that I do need to specify these simulation parameters again after I load the checkpoint file, right?

Best,
Yi

Ruochun Zhang

Dec 16, 2021, 2:23:34 AM12/16/21
to ProjectChrono
Hi Yi,

Yes. If these entries are not in the checkpoint file, then they will not be loaded when you read that checkpoint file. You have to manually enter them each time. The material based model is a new addition and this behavior seems to be an unfortunate bug.

Thank you,
Ruochun