Tire forces

Davide

Mar 21, 2024, 5:24:54 AMMar 21
to ProjectChrono
Hi all,
I am working on the demo "demo_VEH_Multicore_TireTestRig" and I was wondering what kind of forces the function "ReportTireForce" gives as a result: are they traction forces or tire-ground interaction forces?
Moreover, I plotted the force along x and it shows an irregular behaviour (it seems affected by noises) and I am not fully understanding the reason. Someone could help me?
Thank you in advance.
Davide
Fx.jpg

Davide

Apr 2, 2024, 11:40:55 AMApr 2
to ProjectChrono
As far as torque is concerned, what is the torque computed by the function "ReportTireForce"? Is it the same as Fx (force get by "rig. ReportTireForce()" times the radius of the tire?

Davide

Apr 15, 2024, 3:22:44 AMApr 15
to ProjectChrono
Going on with further simulations, I analyzed the behaviour of the tire force Fx as function of the longitudinal slip, shown in the image below. Could someone explaining me the reason why Fx takes only negative values? What am I missing?
Thank you in advance!

Fx vs s.jpg

Davide

Jun 14, 2024, 11:07:57 AMJun 14
to ProjectChrono
Bouncing back to this topic, could someone give some hints?