Given up on installation.

已查看 95 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

dummifiedme

未读,
2022年8月11日 07:59:172022/8/11
收件人 ProjectChrono
Hello everyone,

After deciding to use pychrono for my project, I kept trying to get it to work, but it simply doesn't. Throwing all kinds of errors. The c++ version worked fine for me, but when I tried to build pychrono, using the manual, I couldn't complete it citing various errors at different times.

Anyway, I am pretty sure it is due to my lack of knowledge about how packages are built.
But just as a suggestion, the whole process of installation should be a little more hassle-free as most of the people that might be using it would be from non-CS discipline.

Thanks for the support on my questions!
I have no doubts on the capability of the package in anyway.

Regards,
DM

Marcel Offermans

未读,
2022年8月11日 08:03:222022/8/11
收件人 projec...@googlegroups.com

Hello DM,

I managed to compile and work with Chrono. I did not try PyChrono yet, but from the instructions page there are two options for installing it (using precompiled modules or building it from source). The former should be fairly easy, even for "non-CS" people. Is that what you tried to do? If so, at what step of the instructions on https://api.projectchrono.org/pychrono_installation.html did something fail? If you describe what you were doing and where you think it went wrong, I'm sure someone here can help.

Greetings, Marcel

Radu Serban

未读,
2022年8月11日 08:11:282022/8/11
收件人 ProjectChrono
Sorry to hear that.  We do our best to keep the installation process as simple as possible and as simple as we can (know how) to make it.  Keep in mind that our core expertise is also not CS.

If you or anyone else wants to contribute to this part of the project, we always welcome pull requests on GitHub.

Having said that, please provide more details on what you tried and what went wrong.

What OS are you working on?
What version of Python do you use?

Are you trying to build PyChrono from sources or are you trying to install a conda package?
- If the former, what version of SWIG do you use? Which Chrono modules do you enable? What and where is the problem?
- If trying to install a conda package, note that we are actively working on changing how these packages are built and ironing out some issues with them. As such,  the packages in the anaconda repository are in continuous flux.  Stay tuned.

--Radu