What are Dofs in FEA Terrain and how to recover the nodal forces

Deniz Tanyildiz

Mar 2, 2022, 12:06:06 PM3/2/22
to ProjectChrono
Dear Chrono Team,
I'd like to know the degree of freedoms in ChElementBrick_9 element. I guess the outer nodes have x,y and z components of the displacement and the 9th inner node has the curvature, but I wanted to be sure. Second question that I'd like to ask is: how can I recover the nodal forces after the solution of the system of equations. Is there an already existing mechanism inside Chrono for this? Thank you very much and wish you a great day. Kind regards, Deniz