Linearized Model

Marco Zanichelli

May 31, 2024, 11:42:29 AMMay 31
to ProjectChrono
Dear all,

I am working on the definition of a pendulum + cart problem in project chrono.
My end goal would be to define a state space system of the problem. Has someone done this before? Are there built-in function that could ease this task?

Thanks in advance
Marco

chao peng

Jun 19, 2024, 4:04:51 PM (13 days ago) Jun 19
to ProjectChrono
Hi Marco,

Thanks to the implementation of the tangent stiffness matrix of constraints in ChLinkMateGeneric(), the mass and stiffness matrices for the inverted pendulum + cart problem are complete if ChLinkMateGeneric::SetUseTangentStiffness(true), then you need to build the state-space representation of the system by yourself. The generalized form of the state-space representation is preferred because of the present of the constraint Jacobian matrix (Cq).

Good luck!

Chao PENG