Buggy Simulation with Robots Floating and Flying Around

已查看 42 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

hzh

未读,
2022年2月19日 03:48:552022/2/19
收件人 ProjectChrono
Hi friends,

I have been trying to simulate some simple legged robots walking on the ground. While the system works perfectly in most cases, I do observe the simulation for some robots seems weird and buggy, or in plain English, robots seem to be floating and flying.

I recorded an example of normal  simulation and 3 examples of buggy ones and uploaded them to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utGrrm4yXiM

More details of the simulation setup:
  • All the objects (robot links and floor) used in simulation (both visualization and collision) are boxes.
  • Motors (ChLinkMotorRotationTorque) were added to each joint, and they are under PI position control. The target position of each motor at each step are the same across the 4 simulations.
  • The collision between parts on legs are disabled.
  • Before each simulation, I did a self-collision check on each robot. The check happened after adding all objects to the ChSystem and before the first ChIrrApp::DoStep() call.
  • I used ChSystemNSC as simulation system.
So right now I really have no clue on what makes those robots floating and flying around in simulation. And if this is not something I can easily fix, I wonder if there are anyway that I can detect the happening of those weird simulations in code.

Thank you!
Michael
回复全部
回复作者