AddLightWithShadows produces black screen

Roberto Echeverria

Nov 16, 2021, 6:25:20 AM11/16/21
to ProjectChrono
Hello, i am testing the example demo_IRR_collision_trimesh.py.
By default it produces a black screen... I removed the AddLightWithShadow function and used only the AddTypicalLights() function, and now i can see what is going on.

I have tried to use the addlightwithshadow in other projects with the same result... am i missing something?

Thanks in advance and Kind regards

Roberto

Radu Serban

Nov 16, 2021, 6:43:00 AM11/16/21
to rob...@gmail.com, ProjectChrono

Hi Roberto,

Assuming you are using Windows, please see the warning I added just the other day about this on the Chrono installation page (https://api.projectchrono.org/tutorial_install_chrono.html) under #6.

You may need to install a legacy DirectX SDK.

--Radu

Roberto Echeverria

Nov 16, 2021, 7:26:43 AM11/16/21
to ProjectChrono
Great! I installed the directX runtime and it is now running with shadows.

Thanks and kind regards

Roberto