Creating constraints between node and body

André Marinho

Oct 28, 2021, 7:48:21 AM10/28/21
to ProjectChrono
Hello,

How can I create a constraint between a ChNodeFEAxyzrot and a ChBodyFrame (frame) object? (ChLinkPointFrame only works with ChNodeFEAxyz). I tried by using the ChLinkMateGeneric class, since the ChNodeFEAxyzrot inherits from ChBodyFrame, but was not successful. Thanks in advance.

Alessandro Tasora

Oct 28, 2021, 9:24:56 AM10/28/21
to projec...@googlegroups.com

Dear André

the ChLinkMateGeneric should work fine... which type of error do you get? compile time or run time?

Alessandro Tasora

On 28/10/2021 13:48, André Marinho wrote:
Hello,

How can I create a constraint between a ChNodeFEAxyzrot and a ChBodyFrame (frame) object? (ChLinkPointFrame only works with ChNodeFEAxyz). I tried by using the ChLinkMateGeneric class, since the ChNodeFEAxyzrot inherits from ChBodyFrame, but was not successful. Thanks in advance.

André Marinho

Nov 10, 2021, 9:10:15 AM11/10/21
to ProjectChrono
Dear Alessandro,

The error was in the way I initialized my ChNodeFEAxyzrot. The ChLinkMateGeneric should works fin. Thank you for the quick response.

Best regards,

André