Downloading Assistance

Arjomand Khokhar

May 29, 2024, 3:18:24 PMMay 29
to ProjectChrono
Hi,

I am new to Project Chrono, and I am in the process of setting it up on an iMac. I was able to follow the download instructions up until step 6, I don't have some of the fields it expects me to have. Is there a CMake app, I have the extension downloaded on VScode but I am unsure where to go with the GUI portion? Could I get a little assistance with completing the process please?

Arjomand Khokhar

Radu Serban

May 30, 2024, 2:51:54 AMMay 30
to ProjectChrono

Arjomand,

CMake is not part of Chrono.

If you already have CMake installed on your system, it should also include cmake-gui (otherwise, search online for instructions on getting this installed on a Mac).

Note that you can also use CMake from the command line or through its curses interface (ccmake).  Consult the CMake documentation.

--Radu

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Arjomand Khokhar

May 31, 2024, 5:22:37 PMMay 31
to ProjectChrono
Do I need to download a different program for the visuals (VScode is not an option for a generator)?

Arjomand Khokhar

May 31, 2024, 5:22:47 PMMay 31
to ProjectChrono
Thank you for the help with that part, but I am still struggling to complete the setup process. When I attempt to select the generator, I can't select Visual Studio Code. Do I need to download another application for this step?

Arjomand Khokhar

May 31, 2024, 5:23:15 PMMay 31
to ProjectChrono
Thanks for the help with that step, however I am still struggling a little bit. When I attempt to configure Cmake doesn't allow me to select Visual Studio code as a generator. Do I need to download one of the ones it has in the list or is there a way to use VS code?

Arjomand Khokhar