Set the torque directly on the driven wheel

Guli Meng

Mar 8, 2023, 9:11:10 PM3/8/23
to ProjectChrono
Hi Developers:

I want to set the torque directly on the driven wheel or axle rather than using the powertrain, how could I achieve this, thanks!

Meng GL

Luning Fang

Mar 9, 2023, 11:34:33 AM3/9/23
to ProjectChrono
Hello Meng,

You can create a ChLinkMotorRotationTorque class and apply it to the wheel/axle and a ground body. See demos/mbs/demo_MBS_motors.cpp for example.

If you are asking about how to apply torque without creating a link, you can use this function: body->Accumulate_torque(), which applies the torque directly on the wheel/axle, see documentation here, this one is handy to modify during the time integration loop. Some demos on external applied force/torque are demos/mbs/demo_MBS_pendulum.cpp and demos/core/demo_CH_powertrain.cpp.

Thank you,
Luning

Radu Serban

Mar 29, 2023, 12:14:02 PM3/29/23
to ProjectChrono

Hi Meng,

Please see the reply I wrote to a similar question:

https://groups.google.com/g/projectchrono/c/g_fB6X5vqKY/m/mcdsVRtgAgAJ

--Radu