Camera with small objects

Anders Sneckenborg

Mar 24, 2022, 6:38:39 AM3/24/22
to ProjectChrono
Hi,

From the beginning I added objects in mm but I would prefer to use SI-units so changed dimensions to meters. When doing that all dimensions are of course 1000 times smaller.

After making the objects "smaller" I tried to change the camera setting but my small objects are shown far away.

I used myapplication.AddTypicalCamera(chronoirr.vector3df(0, 1, 6)) with the original objects.

I tried myapplication.AddTypicalCamera(chronoirr.vector3df(0, 1e-3, 6e-3)) with the "smaller" objects but it doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong?

I added a small test that shows the problem.

BR
Anders Sneckenborg

camera_test.py