Demo_VEH_HMMWV_Multicore

hj

Feb 22, 2023, 3:10:54 PM2/22/23
to ProjectChrono
Hello

I am trying to compile Demo_VEH_HMMWV_Multicore example in VS and I get the attached Link error in VS. I'd highly appreciate any feedback for the reason of it

Thank you!

Error in VS 2022 17.5.txt

Radu Serban

Feb 22, 2023, 5:38:09 PM2/22/23
to ProjectChrono

I suspect that you have enabled the Chrono::OpenGL module in CMake (ENABLE_MODULE_OPENGL=ON) but didn’t set it up quite right and so it was not built.

There is an issue in the Chrono configuration where simply enabling a module sets it as “available” for demos (without checking that building that module was in fact successful).  In other words, for now the burden is on the user to ensure that configuration and compilation of the Chrono modules they enable are successful.  Until we make the Chrono configuration more robust, you should double check that you have successfully built the Chrono::OpenGL module and otherwise double check you provide its dependencies correctly.

--Radu

hj

Feb 28, 2023, 4:03:49 PM2/28/23
to ProjectChrono
Hi Radu

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes that makes sense. The problem is in my OpenGL. Before getting this error, I got the error for all the GLEW, GLFW and GLM that visual studio cannot find the include files (for example: Error C1083 Cannot open include file: 'GL/glew.h': No such file or directory), so I manually edited and added the include path for them in Visual Studio project properties but after it found the include files, it gave the error that I sent in my previous email.

I have glew-2.1.0,  glfw-3.3.8.bin.WIN64 and glm-0.9.9.8 and I attahced my Chrono cmake cache here. Do you think there is anything here that I'm missing?

Any feedback would be highly appreciated!

Thank you and Regards

CMakeCache.txt