Problem: Shaft torques always zero

Tanmay Chhatbar

Jun 17, 2024, 4:31:00 PMJun 17
to ProjectChrono
Setup: Running VEH_M113_demo with output enabled and a modified Acceleration2.txt file

Problem: M113_SprocketLeft.shaft.torque and M113_SprocketRight.shaft.torque are always zero.

Goal: I want to log inputs (sprocket torques) and vehicle states while performing certain maneuvers. In the image attached, the left plot is the maneuver, upper right is sprocket velocities, lower right is sprocket torques (which are always zero).

Questions:
- Is there some setting that I need to enable to log true applied torques at the sprocket?
- Am I looking at the wrong signal?
- I'm parsing the data based on the source code. Is there documentation for the structure of the output?

I've also attached the output file in case it helps.

maneuver 1.zip
Untitled.png

Tanmay Chhatbar

Jun 17, 2024, 4:32:21 PMJun 17
to ProjectChrono
I'm also attaching the output file parsed into MATLAB. Based on the source code, I assume the shaft telemetry reads "pos, posdt, posdt2, load".
maneuver_1.mat