Groups
Groups
Sign in
Groups
Groups
ProjectChrono
Conversations
About
Send feedback
Help
Group path
ProjectChrono
Contact owners and managers
1–30 of 1938
Welcome to the group of Project Chrono developers.
Use this group to exchange ideas, comments and bugs with other developers
of Project Chrono, including C++ issues, planned features, etc.
You can use the web interface at
http://groups.google.com
or you can directly
email your message to
projectchrono@googlegroups.com
More information at:
http://www.projectchrono.org
Mark all as read
Report group
0 selected
Kirill Vorotnikov
, …
Radu Serban
6
3:11 PM
Chrono 10.0.0 cylindrical-shell axis mismatch fixed, but rolling shell-box contact still unstable
Hi Radu, I started with the rounded-cylinder option you suggested, but hit a geometry-semantics issue
unread,
Chrono 10.0.0 cylindrical-shell axis mismatch fixed, but rolling shell-box contact still unstable
Hi Radu, I started with the rounded-cylinder option you suggested, but hit a geometry-semantics issue
3:11 PM
JC Denton
, …
Dan Negrut
16
Oct 1
Project Chrono in Unreal Engine
I wrote some code that extracts Unreal's static geometry and builds Bullet versions of it (
unread,
Project Chrono in Unreal Engine
I wrote some code that extracts Unreal's static geometry and builds Bullet versions of it (
Oct 1
Christopher Van Damme
,
Dan Negrut
2
Oct 1
PyChrono via pip not Anaconda
Hi Chris, The quick answer first: there is no pip install of PyChrono today, and one might not come
unread,
PyChrono via pip not Anaconda
Hi Chris, The quick answer first: there is no pip install of PyChrono today, and one might not come
Oct 1
Fabio D'Angeli
,
Radu Serban
2
Sep 9
PyChrono added-mass
Hi Fabio, I am still working on things related to the new way of supporting added mass in Chrono and
unread,
PyChrono added-mass
Hi Fabio, I am still working on things related to the new way of supporting added mass in Chrono and
Sep 9
Dan Negrut
,
Parker Shectman
4
Sep 8
MaGIC 2026 at UW-Madison, September 22-24: Chrono tutorials, invited talks, poster session
Dan, thanks for the reply. Derrick and Patrick nice to meet you. Any additional advice for us to get
unread,
MaGIC 2026 at UW-Madison, September 22-24: Chrono tutorials, invited talks, poster session
Dan, thanks for the reply. Derrick and Patrick nice to meet you. Any additional advice for us to get
Sep 8
Kirill Vorotnikov
, …
Radu Serban
4
Sep 8
Possible iterator bug in ChContactContainerNSC rolling contacts — Chrono 10.0.0
Thanks, Radu. Glad we could catch it. I also verified the one-line fix against a minimal reproducer
unread,
Possible iterator bug in ChContactContainerNSC rolling contacts — Chrono 10.0.0
Thanks, Radu. Glad we could catch it. I also verified the one-line fix against a minimal reproducer
Sep 8
Fabio D'Angeli
,
Dan Negrut
3
Sep 4
Simple multibody system does not follow theoretical tractrix curve
Thank you Dan, that was helpful. Now I understand a little better the ChLink behavior. Also, the
unread,
Simple multibody system does not follow theoretical tractrix curve
Thank you Dan, that was helpful. Now I understand a little better the ChLink behavior. Also, the
Sep 4
Hazem Algendy
,
Dan Negrut
6
Sep 3
CRM/SPH: thin rotating plates and the kernel support radius
Hi Hazem, I have not run your case, the semester just started and have very limited bandwidth. I want
unread,
CRM/SPH: thin rotating plates and the kernel support radius
Hi Hazem, I have not run your case, the semester just started and have very limited bandwidth. I want
Sep 3
Kevin Tee
,
Dan Negrut
2
Sep 1
request PyChrono bindings for chrono::ChSystemMulticoreNSC
Hi Kevin, Thanks for describing the use case rather than just the ask. Three things: what the status
unread,
request PyChrono bindings for chrono::ChSystemMulticoreNSC
Hi Kevin, Thanks for describing the use case rather than just the ask. Three things: what the status
Sep 1
박선호
,
Ruochun Zhang
11
Aug 25
Different rebound againt analytic-box and fixed triangle-mesh wall
I think this is an interesting observation, and the cause is multifaceted. The divergence in DEME3
unread,
Different rebound againt analytic-box and fixed triangle-mesh wall
I think this is an interesting observation, and the cause is multifaceted. The divergence in DEME3
Aug 25
Zero
,
Radu Serban
2
Aug 18
OGC(Offset Geometric Contact)Method
No, we do not have that implemented in Chrono. --Radu From: projec...@googlegroups.com <
unread,
OGC(Offset Geometric Contact)Method
No, we do not have that implemented in Chrono. --Radu From: projec...@googlegroups.com <
Aug 18
Shahriar Karim Shafin
, …
Ruochun Zhang
7
Aug 17
Dense packing for polydisperse cases
Hi Shahriar, But I was able to run the simulation normally. I am using the default force model, and I
unread,
Dense packing for polydisperse cases
Hi Shahriar, But I was able to run the simulation normally. I am using the default force model, and I
Aug 17
Roger Bergua
, …
alvaro diaz
6
Aug 15
Timoshenko beams issue
This topic has been addressed here: https://github.com/projectchrono/chrono/pull/813 On Monday, April
unread,
Timoshenko beams issue
This topic has been addressed here: https://github.com/projectchrono/chrono/pull/813 On Monday, April
Aug 15
DaveB
,
Dan Negrut
2
Aug 12
069 Tracked Bulldozer
David, thanks for moving this over to the forum. There is no bulldozer among the demos shipped with
unread,
069 Tracked Bulldozer
David, thanks for moving this over to the forum. There is no bulldozer among the demos shipped with
Aug 12
Hiroaki Amakawa
,
Ruochun Zhang
3
Aug 5
How to run TWO GPU calculation for DEM-Engine
Hi Hiroaki, Just a small correction: I forgot that I already added device selection in DEME (even for
unread,
How to run TWO GPU calculation for DEM-Engine
Hi Hiroaki, Just a small correction: I forgot that I already added device selection in DEME (even for
Aug 5
Pieter Machtelinckx
Aug 4
ChSystem::RemoveRedundantConstraints does not refresh the constraint Jacobian before its QR decomposition
Hi, While working on an automotive project with Chrono, I found what appears to be an issue in
unread,
ChSystem::RemoveRedundantConstraints does not refresh the constraint Jacobian before its QR decomposition
Hi, While working on an automotive project with Chrono, I found what appears to be an issue in
Aug 4
Samuele Vaghi
, …
Radu Serban
5
Jul 28
Restitution - ChSystemMulticoreNSC
Hi Radu, thanks for your answer. The main reason we would like to use NSC model over SMC is because
unread,
Restitution - ChSystemMulticoreNSC
Hi Radu, thanks for your answer. The main reason we would like to use NSC model over SMC is because
Jul 28
Haifei Chen
,
Radu Serban
3
Jul 17
Compile urdf & vsg for chrono v10
Hi Radu, Thanks for the help; issue resolved. I have coupled chrono (rigid multibody and beam models,
unread,
Compile urdf & vsg for chrono v10
Hi Radu, Thanks for the help; issue resolved. I have coupled chrono (rigid multibody and beam models,
Jul 17
Janik Helbig
,
Dan Negrut
2
Jul 13
Support for plastic deformation of FEA elements
Janik, Your reading of 10.0 is correct. In the current stable release, plasticity in the FEA module
unread,
Support for plastic deformation of FEA elements
Janik, Your reading of 10.0 is correct. In the current stable release, plasticity in the FEA module
Jul 13
박선호
,
Ruochun Zhang
4
Jul 12
Initialize hangs in pyDEME after solver setup on WSL (CUDA Blackwell/compute_120)
Hi Sunho, About the extremely slow JIT process: Taking 10~17 mins is not normal for the process. I
unread,
Initialize hangs in pyDEME after solver setup on WSL (CUDA Blackwell/compute_120)
Hi Sunho, About the extremely slow JIT process: Taking 10~17 mins is not normal for the process. I
Jul 12
OUSSAMA EL MOUIAH
, …
Ruochun Zhang
6
Jul 3
Hertz Contact Patch and Curvature Information in Chrono
Oussama, Interesting and sure, I'd like to know how you are implementing it and how it could
unread,
Hertz Contact Patch and Curvature Information in Chrono
Oussama, Interesting and sure, I'd like to know how you are implementing it and how it could
Jul 3
ruibin
,
Radu Serban
2
Jul 3
How can I modify the gear shifting logic of the HMMWV model for soft-soil terrain?
The gear shifting algorithm depends on the transmission model you are using. The HMMWV model allows
unread,
How can I modify the gear shifting logic of the HMMWV model for soft-soil terrain?
The gear shifting algorithm depends on the transmission model you are using. The HMMWV model allows
Jul 3
JüliMari
,
Dan Negrut
2
Jul 1
CRM/SPH cone drop with LHS-1: unexpected behavior when adding a cohesion parameter
Hi Juli! ## What the CRM mu(I) model does at/near the free surface The behavior you're seeing (
unread,
CRM/SPH cone drop with LHS-1: unexpected behavior when adding a cohesion parameter
Hi Juli! ## What the CRM mu(I) model does at/near the free surface The behavior you're seeing (
Jul 1
Zero
,
Dan Negrut
2
Jul 1
Questions regarding the TensorRT library of the Chrono::Sensor module
Hi, Yes, TensorRT support was removed from Chrono::Sensor. The CHANGELOG gives the reasoning directly
unread,
Questions regarding the TensorRT library of the Chrono::Sensor module
Hi, Yes, TensorRT support was removed from Chrono::Sensor. The CHANGELOG gives the reasoning directly
Jul 1
Rebeca Guimarães
, …
Huzaifa Mustafa Unjhawala
4
Jun 9
Post-Processing: Including SPH soil particles on Blender
Hello there, Khai and Huzaifa! Thank you for claryfing, this is amazing since I already save the CSV
unread,
Post-Processing: Including SPH soil particles on Blender
Hello there, Khai and Huzaifa! Thank you for claryfing, this is amazing since I already save the CSV
Jun 9
Dan Negrut
Jun 9
MaGIC meeting, 2026: registration now open
Dear Chrono Forum Member, Radu Serban and I would like to invite you to attend the 14th edition of
unread,
MaGIC meeting, 2026: registration now open
Dear Chrono Forum Member, Radu Serban and I would like to invite you to attend the 14th edition of
Jun 9
Zero
, …
Dan Negrut
12
May 28
Does Chrono have an MPM algorithm?
Hi,Dear The error I encountered after enabling CH_USE_SENSOR_NVDB previously seems to be a version
unread,
Does Chrono have an MPM algorithm?
Hi,Dear The error I encountered after enabling CH_USE_SENSOR_NVDB previously seems to be a version
May 28
Aleksandr Prokhorov
, …
dr.ratz...@gmail.com
5
May 28
ChVisualSystemVSG
Thank you for the idea! I will try to use it! On Thursday, May 28, 2026 at 7:31:37 AM UTC+2 dr.ratz..
unread,
ChVisualSystemVSG
Thank you for the idea! I will try to use it! On Thursday, May 28, 2026 at 7:31:37 AM UTC+2 dr.ratz..
May 28
Yang Kang Chua
,
Radu Serban
3
May 21
Question on extracting suspension hardpoint forces in Chrono (HMMWV model)
I forgot to mention the most straightforward approach: replacing the kinematic joints with bushings.
unread,
Question on extracting suspension hardpoint forces in Chrono (HMMWV model)
I forgot to mention the most straightforward approach: replacing the kinematic joints with bushings.
May 21
Christian Lipp
,
Radu Serban
3
May 21
Output names are different depending on configuration
Hello Radu, thank you for the clarification! Kind regards, Christian Am 20.05.2026 um 21:55 schrieb
unread,
Output names are different depending on configuration
Hello Radu, thank you for the clarification! Kind regards, Christian Am 20.05.2026 um 21:55 schrieb
May 21