Fetch via proxy?

David Ongaro

Oct 27, 2016, 6:11:37 PM10/27/16
to project-voldemort
For performance reasons we can not fetch directly from our cluster in one of our datacenters. Instead we have to go over a proxy. Unfortunately I can not see any proxy setting, neither on BnP nor on server side (there is a proxy setting for the balancer, but I guess that's unrelated).

Did I overlook something? Do we have to implement that? Or do we have to install a service like https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.4.1/hadoop-hdfs-httpfs on the proxy? How is this problem handled at linkedin?

Thanks and best regards

David Ongaro

Arunachalam

Oct 27, 2016, 8:44:26 PM10/27/16
to project-...@googlegroups.com
You could try setting java system level proxy ( http or https) depending on your need.

Thanks,
Arun.

Arunachalam

Oct 27, 2016, 8:46:02 PM10/27/16
to project-...@googlegroups.com
If you don't want to change the code, you can set it at the JVM level.

Alternatively, you can contribute the patch to the open source. But please note that if you are modifying the server, setting these proxies will affect any outbound http connections.

Thanks,
Arun.

David Ongaro

Arunachalam

Oct 28, 2016, 1:42:32 AM10/28/16
to project-...@googlegroups.com
Voldemort default is to use TCP for client to server and server to server communication. But you can enable the http access to server from client, I don't have much experience with that.

Thanks,
Arun.

David Ongaro