metadata.version.persistence store getting called even clients applications are completely stopped.

Eswaraiah Goud

Oct 3, 2018, 2:19:16 AM10/3/18
to project-voldemort
We have cluster with 4 nodes and clients were doing put & get calls.

Now we stopped the clients, We don't see any calls on any stores. But we have observed that metadata.version.persistence store having calls on every second.
Is this expected? Can someone clarify please

Felix GV

Oct 3, 2018, 8:39:50 PM10/3/18
to Eswaraiah Goud, project-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This is an internal store which Voldemort uses to keep track of metadata and whether it changed.

--
Felix GV
Staff Software Engineer

f...@linkedin.com
linkedin.com/in/felixgv

We have cluster with 4 nodes and clients were doing put & get calls.

Now we stopped the clients, We don't see any calls on any stores. But we have observed that metadata.version.persistence store having calls on every second.
Is this expected? Can someone clarify please

Arunachalam

Oct 3, 2018, 9:59:52 PM10/3/18
to project-...@googlegroups.com, ebhu...@gmail.com
If I recall correctly the Server themselves has clients to other servers for Hinted Handoffs and slops and few other maintenance purposes.

Thanks,
Arun.

Eswaraiah Goud

Oct 4, 2018, 1:48:53 AM10/4/18
to arunac...@gmail.com, project-...@googlegroups.com
 Felix /Arun,
Thank you so much for your inputs. I can the MetadataStoreListener has implementation
--
Eswaraiah Bhun,