Implementating SSL Layer for client-client client-server communication

B H

Oct 24, 2016, 5:08:23 AM10/24/16
to project-voldemort
Hi, I have been figuring out how to implement a SSL Layer for voldemort but can't seem to find the entry point for the socket connection.

Any advise on this? Thanks.

Arunachalam

Oct 24, 2016, 1:06:05 PM10/24/16
to project-...@googlegroups.com
This is where the client creates socket for the server.

This is where Server accepts the socket connections.

Please let us know if you are looking for some thing very specific and we can point you to the code.

Thanks,
Arun.

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 2:08 AM, B H <belso...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I have been figuring out how to implement a SSL Layer for voldemort but can't seem to find the entry point for the socket connection.

Any advise on this? Thanks.

Félix GV

Oct 24, 2016, 1:20:21 PM10/24/16
to project-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

That would be an interesting feature. I'm curious what you mean about client-client communication (in your email subject) ?

Pull requests welcome!

-F
On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 20:06 Arunachalam <arunac...@gmail.com> wrote:
This is where the client creates socket for the server.

This is where Server accepts the socket connections.

Please let us know if you are looking for some thing very specific and we can point you to the code.

Thanks,
Arun.
On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 2:08 AM, B H <belso...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I have been figuring out how to implement a SSL Layer for voldemort but can't seem to find the entry point for the socket connection.

Any advise on this? Thanks.

B H

Oct 25, 2016, 4:24:55 AM10/25/16
to project-voldemort
I took a look at NioSocketService. Seems like when the socket is being created, it uses a default provider to open the socket.

I'm trying to implement a SSL cert exchange between client-server to authenticate handshake before communicating. In this case, do I have to overwrite the serverSocketChannel to use a SSL provider and open a socket?

On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 01:06:05 UTC+8, Arun Thirupathi wrote:
This is where the client creates socket for the server.

This is where Server accepts the socket connections.

Please let us know if you are looking for some thing very specific and we can point you to the code.

Thanks,
Arun.
On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 2:08 AM, B H <belso...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I have been figuring out how to implement a SSL Layer for voldemort but can't seem to find the entry point for the socket connection.

Any advise on this? Thanks.

B H

Oct 25, 2016, 4:26:37 AM10/25/16
to project-voldemort
Hey there, by client-client I meant when the replication takes place. I suppose this is so in distributed multiple nodes settings. Am I wrong?

Félix GV

Oct 25, 2016, 11:04:37 AM10/25/16
to project-voldemort
Hi,

The replication is indeed handled by the client in RW stores, but the client only talks to servers, not to other clients.

Let me know if I misunderstood your intent.

-F

B H

Oct 27, 2016, 11:51:23 PM10/27/16
to project-voldemort
That's great. If the client never communicate to other clients, then I just have to work on client-server communication. Is the NioSocketService the only place I can include code for SSL layer?

B H

Nov 10, 2016, 10:14:13 PM11/10/16
to project-voldemort
Hi, I got confused. I actually meant server to server communication. Does that happen in Voldemort? If I'm looking at implementing SSL layer for server to server, where will be the ideal entry point?