RocksDB integration

Sumit Jha

Feb 25, 2018, 2:04:22 AM2/25/18
to project-voldemort
Hi , I am fairly new to voldermort and I see voldermort has support of levelDB as a storage engine .I am wondering if we can integrate voldermort to rocksDB as well for performance reasons .I can contribute for the same , I have modified rocksdb for a particular use case so I am pretty much aware of their source code .First I need opinion from the voldermort developers and creator about what they think about this integration and second Please join me if you feel the necessity to integrate it to the rocksDB ,I would help you guys as I need such solution for a particular use case.

Félix GV

Feb 25, 2018, 2:17:23 AM2/25/18
to project-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sumit,

Actually, the RocksDB integration is already done. As far as I know, it has not been tested at large scale, but it “should work”. Plugging in your fork or tunings should be fairly straightforward with Voldemort’s current state.

Good luck!

-F