Turning Project:M36 to a real-time database

Scholablade

Oct 8, 2023, 5:46:09 AM10/8/23
to project-m36
Am interested in turning Project:M36 into a real-time database, what kind of quirks should i look out for?

A.M.

Oct 8, 2023, 2:03:07 PM10/8/23
to proje...@googlegroups.com
On 10/8/23 05:46, Scholablade wrote:
> Am interested in turning Project:M36 into a real-time database, what
> kind of quirks should i look out for?

Sure, we're happy to discuss it. What are the requirements for the
real-time component? For example, will this be a read-only database or
do you have real-time expectations for writes as well?

Cheers ,

OpenPGP_signature

Scholablade

Oct 9, 2023, 3:36:17 PM10/9/23
to project-m36
Thank you for responding, am thinking something similar to Firebase/Supabase, so both real-time read and write.

A.M.

Oct 9, 2023, 10:37:04 PM10/9/23
to proje...@googlegroups.com
On 10/9/23 15:36, Scholablade wrote:
> Thank you for responding, am thinking something similar to
> Firebase/Supabase, so both real-time read and write.

Ok, it sounds like the specific feature you're looking for is automatic
synchronization across the clients. This can be achieved with
Project:M36 today with "notifications":

https://github.com/agentm/project-m36/blob/master/docs/using_notifications.markdown

In summary, each client registers interest in relational expressions
which are important to the client. The client can receive the updated
result of the expression or issue additional queries.

Does this cover your use-case?

Cheers,

OpenPGP_signature

Scholablade

Oct 10, 2023, 9:03:23 AM10/10/23
to project-m36
Yes that's exactly it, I missed it when i was researching the project, thanks!