[ANNOUNCE] project-m36 v0.4

A.M.

Jun 4, 2018, 9:01:55 PM6/4/18
to proje...@googlegroups.com
Hello List,

Project:M36 v0.4 is now available. In this release:

* add contributed feature to allow users to [create arbitrary
relations](https://github.com/agentm/project-m36/blob/master/docs/tutd_tutorial.markdown#arbitrary-relation-variables)
* fix type validation bug allowing concrete type with type variables in
relations
* improve usability of `Interval a` data type
* allow `Integer` to be parsed as negative in `tutd` console
* support precompiled (Haskell)
[`AtomFunction`s](https://github.com/agentm/project-m36/blob/master/docs/atomfunctions.markdown#pre-compiled-atom-functions)
and
[`DatabaseContextFunction`s](https://github.com/agentm/project-m36/blob/master/docs/database_context_functions.markdown#loading-precompiled-modules)
* make TutorialD scripts read from the filesystem unconditionally read
as UTF-8
* improve support for display of multibyte characters in `tutd` console,
especially Chinese
* fix file descriptor leak in file sychronization
* improve reliability by allowing fast-forward commits when using
`autoMergeToHead`
* add [`semijoin` and
`anitjoin`](https://github.com/agentm/project-m36/blob/master/docs/tutd_tutorial.markdown#join)
support to `tutd`
* added various new static optimizations

We are well on our way to having a set of features unmatched by any
other DBMS and we are just getting started. All we need to do is follow
the math.

Thanks to the many contributors!

Cheers,

signature.asc