Lombok Annotation Errors in Eclipse

Nathan Joyes

Mar 31, 2024, 11:25:15 AMMar 31
to Project Lombok
Hi All:

Currently using Project Lombok in Eclipse on Ubuntu. About two weeks ago I started to receive an error in one of my projects while attempting to handle the annotation processors. Now the accessors are not working and I am receiving thousands of errors.

I have multiple other projects on the same machine in the same workspace that are still working with Project Lombok.

Ubuntu version 23.10

Eclipse Version: 2024-03 (4.31.0) Build id: 20240307-1437

Lombok v1.18.26

The error messages that I am receive that are most useful:

Multiple markers at this line

- Lombok annotation handler class lombok.eclipse.handlers.HandleGetter failed - See error log.

- Lombok annotation handler class lombok.eclipse.handlers.HandleSetter failed - See error log.

- Lombok annotation handler class lombok.eclipse.handlers.HandleAccessors failed - See error

I am unable to determine where the Lombok error logs are stored for debugging.

I have tried:

  • cleaning the project
  • deleting and re-checking the project out
  • checking local project settings against project setting history
  • changing various annotation and java build settings to attempt to get the project to work
  • deleting local git and eclipse-workspace (and corresponding settings) and recreating projects from scratch
  • checking out the project to a new Ubuntu user clear of any existing eclipse settings
Any help with debugging would be greatly appreciated.

Nathan.

Roel Spilker

Mar 31, 2024, 11:27:32 AMMar 31
to project...@googlegroups.com
Possibly you're using a new jdk? Please try and update your Lombok dependency to 1.18.32

Nathan Joyes

Apr 2, 2024, 12:04:22 PMApr 2
to Project Lombok
Hi Roel:

That did it, much appreciated!

For anyone with similar issues looking in the future, I was running

openjdk version "17.0.10" 2024-01-16
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 17.0.10+7-Ubuntu-123.10.1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0.10+7-Ubuntu-123.10.1, mixed mode, sharing)

Left the pom.xml configuration as is with the version it was using, and updated the version of Lombok that Eclipse was using and everything worked brilliantly.

Thanks again,
Nathan.