Thanks for breaking eclipse

Paul Stanton

Jun 7, 2024, 3:55:43 AMJun 7
to Project Lombok
Just installed latest eclipse
Windows 10
Jdk 21

Got all my projects in, synced up.

Then installed lombok from a maven downloaded jar (1.18.32)

Now eclipse won't start.

Roel Spilker

Jun 7, 2024, 3:56:27 AMJun 7
to project...@googlegroups.com
You're welcome

Roel Spilker

Jun 7, 2024, 4:00:34 AMJun 7
to project...@googlegroups.com
Please try the edge release https://projectlombok.org/download-edge or search the issue tracker.

Alternatively, run `eclipsec` from the command line to see if you get more useful error messages.

On Fri, Jun 7, 2024, 09:55 Paul Stanton <pa...@combined.energy> wrote:

Joseph Ottinger

Jun 7, 2024, 11:20:12 AMJun 7
to project...@googlegroups.com
Worth noting: "Thanks for breaking things" is unlikely to encourage the people who created something you find valuable to continue to work on your behalf, including attempts to repair whatever happened. Geez, file an error report, ask for help, work WITH people, unless you're paying them to provide the service. THEN you get to say "hey, you're not doing what I'm paying you to do." But I'm unaware of paid contracts for lombok support, although I think it wouldn't be a terrible value for people who rely on the tool.

--
Joseph B. Ottinger
http://www.enigmastation.com