Updates of the past few months :)

Péter Szilágyi

Feb 24, 2014, 6:00:13 PM2/24/14
to projec...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

  This list has been a bit silent in the last period, primarily due to me having had to focus on writing my dissertation and didn't have much time for... erm... breathing :)) Nonetheless, I thought it appropriate to bring a few updates about the past happenings.

  First of all, the very first public presentation of Iris was held on February 2 in Brussels at FOSDEM :D. For the interested eyes, the slides of the talks are available both on the website as well as the playground (executable codes). Furthermore, the video recording of the talk was uploaded less than 24 hours ago! If you lack the time, a short summary of the highlights has also been published.

  Secondly, I've began working on The book of Iris, a tutorial collection for getting up to speed with the Iris messaging system. It is a very early preview, but I'm confident you'll already find valuable information about the core concepts not published anywhere else. Feedback would be invaluable to form it into a community driven guide, with all the essential infos included. So positive or negative comments, don't think about it, fire away! :D

  Finally, if you're interested in the internals of Iris, the papers section of the website has been completed with all major components:
  I'm also really happy to mention that Iris has received its first outside contributions, already merged upstream into the repositories. Cheers to the contributors!

  So what does the future hold? Depends on your comments :) But currently in the works are Iris inside docker and stabilizing through RegionRank.

Cheers,
  Peter