What we can do

oldmankit

Nov 8, 2010, 4:54:18 AM11/8/10
to Project Gutenberg Thailand
Hi,

I'd be happy to get involved with this. I would be happy to take on
work after someone else scans them. I don't have a scanner, but I
could do the OCR and proof-reading.

Proviso: I don't want to spend a lot of time and effort putting books
in purely because they're public domain. I also want to spend my time
reading things that have got literary merit.

Kit

rikker

Nov 9, 2010, 1:43:25 AM11/9/10
to Project Gutenberg Thailand
Kit, thanks so much for being willing to get involved. Proofreading is
definitely where the bulk of the work will be.

I completely agree with you about the literary merit part. This is why
Wikisource on its own is insufficient--it's collects what is already
available, as opposed to what should be available. There are so many
good public domain works that still need to be digitized.

Stay tuned for more details on how you can contribute.