{FS} User-selected fonts

Emil

Apr 16, 2011, 11:42:35 PM4/16/11
to Project Gutenberg Thailand
This is a copy and paste of a conversation between Rikker and I on
this idea. The final paragraph is a follow to Rikker's response that
is original to this post. Please feel free to add any thoughts

QUESTION:
It would be a boon to give users the ability to change font - I highly
recommend PGDP's own font for English proofreading.

RESPONSE:
Good point. Actually, in the initial version of Unbindery we had a
monowidth text box, but went back to a plain text box when I realized
monowidth doesn't work with Thai (at least not the same fonts, due to
the superscripts and subscripts). We're definitely going to allow some
control over font selection, but probably a limited set, similar to
what, say, Google Docs does.

FOLLOW-UP THOUGHTS:
This might be ridiculously obvious but it would be better to use
different fonts in English and Thai proofing. And if monowidth fonts
work in English, it would be ideal to enable the selection of such
fonts for English editing. Perhaps on each user’s options/control page
there could be an option to choose an English font and a Thai font.