{NEWS} PGT Update #2

rikker

Jun 14, 2011, 8:45:18 AM6/14/11
to Project Gutenberg Thailand
Dear PGT volunteers,

A few changes are now in effect on Project Gutenberg Thailand's
Unbindery site:

1. When you sign up for a page, Unbindery will no longer send a
confirmation email. Emailing every page assignment was cumbersome for
you, I know--no more of that, I promise. :D

2. The login redirect has now been fixed. Previously, say if you'd
saved a bookmark to the dashboard page, but you weren't logged in,
Unbindery would give a "Page not found" error. It now redirects
correctly to the login screen.

3. An issue with image file names in some projects has been fixed.
This means the following projects are available immediately for
proofing/typing:
- <i>Buddhism in the Modern World</i> (1922)
http://unbindery.gutenbergthai.org/projects/ia002
- <i>American Trade with Siam</i> (1898) http://unbindery.gutenbergthai.org/projects/ia007
- Additional pages of ละครแห่งชีวิต (1929) http://unbindery.gutenbergthai.org/projects/lhc

I've added other projects in recent days, some of which were completed
before I'd even gotten around to announcing them here! What can I say,
you all are awesome. Don't forget to check the Projects page to see
what's new:
http://unbindery.gutenbergthai.org/projects

And speaking of awesome volunteers, here is a list of all the books
you've helped to digitize so far:
- ประมวลพระราชนิพนธ์ในพระบาทสมเด็จพระมงกุฎเกล้าเจ้าอยู่หัว ภาคปกิณกะ
- วัฒนธรรมแห่งชาติ และระเบียบการแต่งกาย
- <i>Progress of Western Education in China and Siam</i> by US
Department of Interior
- <i>Siam--Land of Free Men</i> by H. G. Deignan
- <i>Notes of A Journey on the Upper Mekong, Siam</i> by H.
Warington Smyth
- <i>Teak in Siam and Indo-China</i> by Franklin H. Smith
- <i>History of the Kingdom of Siam</i> by François H. Turpin,
translated by B. O. Cartwright

These titles will be available in multiple ebook and web-friendly
formats on the main PGT website when it's completed. We're looking to
have quite the impressive library upon launch. And in the meantime,
I'll be gradually submitting all titles that are public domain in the
United States for inclusion on the original Project Gutenberg website.

As usual, I can't thank everyone enough for getting involved with
Project Gutenberg Thailand. Let's keep the ball rolling--there are
loads of great books still waiting to be set free. :)