New fans of the ROFI project

已查看 100 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

paul francedixhuit

未读,
2015年10月3日 17:26:162015/10/3
收件人 Project Biped
Dear All,

My children and I have found ROFI biped project very interesting and we have finally decided to build one; at different levels, it's an ambitious and quite complete project for us:

- to deal with robotics; we've never done it before,

- to understand all the technologies/maths behind this project (I'm a mechanical engineer, but robotic has never been in my scope),

- it is a good opportunity to “recycle” a smartphone under android OS, instead of using a tablet (hard work?),

- Finally, I'm one of the founders of a fablab and this project will be a good opportunity to communicate (and even teach) on different topics (CAD modeling, 3D printing, electronics and so on).

So for all the previous reasons (and for some others), I'm very impatient to start to work on this project to have my own ROFI robot.

Many thanks to Jonathan Dowdall for sharing its great works.

Paul

ps: In attachment a mesh generated from the blender model that can be seen under gmsh free mesher (see http://geuz.org/gmsh/); some parts were removed such as Arduino board, tablet, etc.); each subpart can be selected and isolated from the others (very usefull for me to understand the design of ROFI robot)

ROFI_gmsh1.jpeg
ROFI_st2gmsh.7z

Meticulous The Great

未读,
2020年11月24日 17:08:512020/11/24
收件人 Project Biped
Have you got it working properly?

Guilherme Marques

未读,
2020年11月25日 15:23:392020/11/25
收件人 projec...@googlegroups.com
  The tablet is not necessary. When we built this project five years ago, the tablet and android files were outdated and we decide to not use them.
This table is not used to remote control but to adjust some animations on the fly.

Here you can see that the robot fully worked without the tablet.
Guilherme Marques.

回复全部
回复作者
转发