Moving from Fobo to Rofi

Kendall York

Sep 24, 2013, 10:19:53 PM9/24/13
to projec...@googlegroups.com
Hello again. I am back to build another biped. Fobo was fun but had the issue of the legs bending under the weight of the robot so I am happy to see you have fixed that with a back brace on each joint. In building my Rofi I have run into a similar issue as I did on Fobo. It seems that there is a spacing issue with the bearings. I have attached a picture to show what I am talking about. The bearing on the foot is hardly touching the mount for it once installed. I don't know what is wrong though. It is almost a whole bearing thickness off. Is my servo too short? I don't think so as they are the ones you call out. Is my printer messing with the scale? I don't think so as the bearing fits the hole perfectly it just doesn't line up. Is there some spacer I am missing? Please help as I really would like to fix this to be as you intended instead of hacking something up.

Kendall
image.jpeg
Message has been deleted

Kendall York

Sep 28, 2013, 6:50:40 PM9/28/13
to projec...@googlegroups.com
So I went ahead with fixing the foot file. Attached is the fixed foot which completely encapsulates the rear bearing. It is kind of a hack fix but it seems to work fine.

foot_fix.stl

lowracer

Sep 3, 2015, 4:16:42 PM9/3/15
to Project Biped
Thanks for posting this.  I have encountered the same problem with the bearing gap in the foot and was about to make the mod you already made here.