Android device

gmedilberto

May 11, 2014, 10:58:13 AM5/11/14
to projec...@googlegroups.com
Can anyone recommend a newer Android tablet, Archos or others?

Karl Trout

May 11, 2014, 12:04:39 PM5/11/14
to projec...@googlegroups.com
I'm planning on finishing mine with a pcduino.

On Sunday, May 11, 2014, gmedilberto <gmedi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can anyone recommend a newer Android tablet, Archos or others?

Killer082

May 11, 2014, 1:45:40 PM5/11/14
to projec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karl, can pcduino totally replace an android tablet? Could you give me more information on how to do? thank you so much.

Il giorno domenica 11 maggio 2014 18:04:39 UTC+2, Karl Trout ha scritto:
I'm planning on finishing mine with a pcduino.

On Sunday, May 11, 2014, gmedilberto <gmedi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can anyone recommend a newer Android tablet, Archos or others?

Karl Trout

May 11, 2014, 4:39:10 PM5/11/14
to projec...@googlegroups.com
No, you will need to interface it with a gyro an some form of interface.
As for the rest, I haven't planed that far. I'm currently working on using the pcduino as a uav brain. So similar. But different.

gmedilberto

May 11, 2014, 7:50:50 PM5/11/14
to projec...@googlegroups.com
I was thinking of staying with Android but the recommended Archos 28 is loaded with Android Froyo - a four year old os.  I was hoping there is an equivalent but more modern device using Kitkat or thereabouts.

Guilherme Marques

May 12, 2014, 8:08:39 AM5/12/14
to projec...@googlegroups.com

Em domingo, 11 de maio de 2014 11h58min13s UTC-3, gmedilberto escreveu:
Can anyone recommend a newer Android tablet, Archos or others?

I am going to try to make one with an Arduino Mega ADK and a smartphone with android 4.1...
I'm afraid with the balance, the diference between the dimensons of these devices and if we need to make many adjustments.

Guilherme Marques

May 12, 2014, 8:14:25 AM5/12/14
to projec...@googlegroups.com
I forgot to say... I will try to use a Samsung Galaxy Fame.
If it wont works fine i'm thinking to use a Beaglebone black.