ROFI Sonic Module

Simon Cook

Jun 22, 2015, 11:01:35 AM6/22/15
to projec...@googlegroups.com
I seem to have the wrong type of module. I have an HC-SR04 module which has 4 pins rather than the 3 that the specified sparcfun has
the sparcfun seems to have a combined trigger and signal pin rather than separate pins that the HC-SR04, possibly like an HC-SR03.

doers anyone know if I can still use the SR04 or do I have to buy an SR03?

cheers
Simon

Simon Cook

Jun 22, 2015, 3:57:56 PM6/22/15
to projec...@googlegroups.com

Once the ultra sonic module is sorted I'll be bolting Rofi's head on and loading the software, although it looks like I might be able to do some stuff without the ultra sonics.

It's been a long road to get here, but not far to go now :)

Simon Cook

Jun 23, 2015, 5:14:55 PM6/23/15
to projec...@googlegroups.com

Another though I had was that perhaps there could be a slight tweak of the code to assign another input pin to receive the signal from the sonic module to make it compatible with the HC-SR04?

The HC-SR04 does seem to be the most available version of ultra sonic module out there, unless you want to pay 20 times as much plus shipping.