anybody read it?

fred trotter

Dec 5, 2011, 2:00:19 PM12/5/11
to programm...@googlegroups.com
Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1594203075/?tag=fredtrot-20

--
Fred Trotter
http://www.fredtrotter.com

Eric Hekler

Dec 5, 2011, 4:36:22 PM12/5/11
to programm...@googlegroups.com
On my list but no, I have not read it yet.

Eric

Eric Hekler, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Nutrition Program
Health Outcomes @ASU
Arizona State University
500 North 3rd St. room 121
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Office # (602) 827-2271
Email: ehe...@asu.edu

Daniel Reeves

Jan 11, 2012, 5:41:52 PM1/11/12
to programm...@googlegroups.com
Here are two Stanford psychologists skeptical of Baumeister's "ego depletion" theory:

I'm with Dweck and against Baumeister on this.

wuziq

Feb 19, 2012, 12:55:30 PM2/19/12
to Programmable Self
I read the article quickly, but it doesn't sound like they're
skeptical of whether ego depletion occurs. It just sounds like
they're going a step beyond what Baumeister has found, and saying that
you should be careful of the choices you make when you become aware
that your ego has been depleted, and that you can make a "good"
decision if you prime the decision with a reminder that ego is
renewable. It's not completely fair to simply dismiss Baumeister's
studies.

Kevin