New test suite for lab 2

Grégoire Détrez

Feb 20, 2012, 4:53:04 AM2/20/12
to proglang-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I updated the test suite for lab 2, you can find the latest version here : https://github.com/downloads/gdetrez/PLT-labs-testsuite/lab2-testsuite.tgz

Now the tests should be fixed, and I also added an option "--no-colors" which suppresses the coloring of the output. I'll try to update the one on the website when possible.

Grégoire

David García Sánchez

Feb 20, 2012, 5:12:25 AM2/20/12
to proglang-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

Thanks for this new version, but I still have a problem with core111.cc :
What's the behavior the interpreter should have when there's a readInt() call and the input is empty? My interpreter fails with an exception because of this: it's expecting a number and none is read. Should return a void value? and when printInt() receives a void value is just an empty string?

--
David García Sánchez
MSc Student, Computer Science

David García Sánchez

Feb 20, 2012, 5:28:46 AM2/20/12
to proglang-c...@googlegroups.com
I've self-answered. The test passes if I make the interpreter to behave like that when empty input is found.

Sorry for the "e-mail noise".

Grégoire Détrez

Feb 20, 2012, 7:27:57 AM2/20/12
to proglang-c...@googlegroups.com
No, you're right, this is a problem.
There was actually a bug in the test suite: it counted as correct a program that returns the correct output, even if it exits with a non zero value.

This is now fixed and I also updated the input and output files. Thanks.