lab2 testsuite

Rodolphe Lepigre

Feb 10, 2012, 1:36:43 PM2/10/12
to proglang-course-2012
Hi,

There are some "MacOSX binary files" (don't really know what it is) in
the testsuite, it makes it impossible to run and give a weird error.
Solution :
rm testsuite/._* testsuite/good/._* testsuite/bad/._*

Best regards,

Rodolphe

Aarne Ranta

Feb 10, 2012, 4:59:10 PM2/10/12
to proglang-c...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for noticing this! They were junk files created by tar. They are now removed from the tar package.

  Aarne.

Rodolphe Lepigre

Feb 11, 2012, 3:33:57 AM2/11/12
to proglang-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you !
Sorry but I think that there is an other problem : there is no "imput" and "output" files along with the good and bad examples, so each time the expected output is empty....

Rodolphe

2012/2/10 Aarne Ranta <aa...@chalmers.se>

--
Rodolphe Lepigre
Chalmers Tekniska Högskola

Aarne Ranta

Feb 11, 2012, 3:41:01 AM2/11/12
to proglang-c...@googlegroups.com
And now?

  Aarne.

Rodolphe Lepigre

Feb 11, 2012, 3:46:04 AM2/11/12
to proglang-c...@googlegroups.com
Perfect ! Thanks !

Rodolphe

Rodolphe Lepigre

Feb 12, 2012, 8:29:30 AM2/12/12
to proglang-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi !

I would like to ask for some precision about the test program good/core101.cc.
In that program, there is a declaration of the functions "printInt" and "printDouble" with an empty body, and it seems right to me that the type checker should take it as a "multiple declaration of function" error, since these functions are supposed to be built-in in the language.
Moreover these declaration appears in other test programs, but they are commented.

Is that a mistake ? Or should the type-checker allow that kind of "multiple" declaration ?

Thanks !

Aarne Ranta

Feb 13, 2012, 4:44:09 AM2/13/12
to proglang-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rodolphe, hello all,

You are absolutely right. This test case should be without the definitions of the predefined functions.

I'm out of office right now and cannot fix it, but for the moment let's say everyone (students and graders) can ignore core101.cc failures from their test runs.

And I'm will be grateful for any future error reports :-)

Regards

  Aarne.