Re: How Lock Picking Works Ielts Answers.rar

Message has been deleted

Gaia Shaw

8:43 AM (3 hours ago) 8:43 AM
to profinifblan

No, the statement is fair. It is a reference to how long the how-to is, not how long it takes someone who has practiced it.
For someone doing it for the first time it might take linger than 90 seconds.

Perhaps, but were that the case, the "in under 90 seconds" should not have been located at the end where it is more likely to be taken as a modifier to the action being demonstrated. To convey the idea you're suggesting, the proper phrasing should have been:

How Lock Picking Works Ielts Answers.rar

Download File ---> https://geags.com/2yLUzS

As it is, the phrasing in the summary is ambiguous, but it certainly suggests that the trick itself, rather than the explanation, takes under 90 seconds. Both are true, of course, but neither is as precise as we'd like around here.

If you buy an ACME brand lock and it turns out to be crap, no surprise. When you buy one from the most recognizable name in lock brands it means there are a bajillion of crappy locks out there in the field with a pretty bad vulnerability.

Many vulnerabilities against this particular lock have been known for years. Consumers don't care enough to do 30 seconds of research before buying, which isn't surprising. Cheap often goes hand in hand with ig

Or a well placed foot can open a door, a window, even some walls..... Brute force is usually effective and quick. No real story in that. IF you really want in, there isn't much a $10 lock is going to do to stop you, only now you can open this lock, without the key, without destroying anything in 10 seconds...

Now, to be honest, I'd shoot a lock but probably not with a shotgun. Even a slug may not do the job and it is not accurate enough to do at a safe distance. I'd use a rifle, I'd probably dig an AR out for it just for fun.

The B in "breaking" has nothing to do with "breaking" anything except the plane. Well, pretty much. That's the simplest way to think of it. If you push a door open (even if it was ajar) then you're still breaking and entering. If you pushed open a gate, you're still breaking and entering. Think of it more like breaking the plane than breaking an object. Even deception is considered breaking and entering. Lemme find you a link...

This isn't like "oh, I can eventually break this lock by smashing it", it's "this lock opens if you tap it in the right place". It takes seconds, and requires nothing in the way of fancy technique or specialized tools.

Yes, we all get it, any lock can be defeated - but this isn't the right story to use that stock comment on. This isn't someone smashing a small lock with a big hammer - this is someone demonstrating how defective a particular lock is, and it makes for an entertaining little video.

And in that case, you would simply use the bolt cutters on the door shackle the lock is attached to, which are likely very thin steel. Or you simply use your $10 crow bar to rip the door right off the door jamb.

Cheap locks are weak, expensive locks may result in delaying the intruders enough to make it inconvenient to make entry and pick easier alternatives. If they really want to break in then they don't care about a lock anymore but take down the wall instead.

Master is protected by trademarks. Everyone buys Master locks because their name has been around since eternity. Most locks will never suffer a picking attempt, so just putting a padlock on something is "sufficient" for most people... to never notice that their lock is shit.

I have a master lock on my gate, but any asshole can cut my chain and replace a link with a quick link and even I probably won't notice for days. The chain is there to stop random assholes from driving up my driveway to "ask about their

To come up with a new mechanism would imply that the old mechanisms aren't all that good, and they will never admit that. It could lead to a major class action suite. In the US, the only option for any corporation is to just pretend that there's no issue, and continue to sell the same old shit. Until someone comes along and forces the issue, like this guy.

Back some time ago, Master went to Slashdot to claim they needed some information security about lock-breaking methods otherwise it'd be game over for locks. New cars today come without physical keys and rely on an RFID-like chip that when close enough unlocks the car. Most important things are now locked with PIN-locks or card locks rather than key locks.

Not with this particular lock, but another very similar. I bought it when I was 15 or so, for locking up my bicycle. The lock shackle was entirely removable and shaped like a mushroom, the intent being you couldn't cut the hasp because the eyes of the cable lock were in the way. The body of the lock was shaped such that he could tell which way the dog engaged the shackle, so he picked it up, took off his shoe, whacked it, and the shackle popped right out, within about ten seconds of the first time he saw

All of this depends on where the lock is. If it's at a remote, unsupervised site, no lock will hold for very long. If it's a cheap padlock at the local gym, not so easy. Some techniques like raking the pins or shimming the bold are quiet enough to work. But even tapping on a lock attached to a metal locker is going to attract the attention of six MMA fighters training with the weights. Even your lookout with his gun is going to get his neck snapped for screwing with their gym bags.

I remember back in grade school they did not have a lock cutter. The administration would just whack the combination locks with a hammer and they'd pop right open. I remember one of the non-Master locks popping completely apart and spilling its guts. It doesn't surprise me that it works for other types of locks as well. Locks are, after all, good at keeping honest people honest.

Locks are just there to keep honest people honest anyway. If somebody wants to get in, there is not much you can really do to stop them, especially with a sub $10 padlock. They can brut force (bolt cutters, drill, heat, crowbar etc) or finesse it open (bump key, pick, or what this guy does) and get in, you cannot stop that.

Anyone bent on doing bad cannot be stopped easily, but those folks are pretty darn rare. Most honest folks don't need much beyond a piece of tamper resistant tape to be kept honest, and a cheesy lock is even better.

Yeah except he's not hitting it "hard" like you're thinking. "If a hammer isn't an option, a screwdriver handle works just as well." -- it's not like he's using a sledgehammer here. This isn't an attack on the structural integrity of the lock itself, it's more unlocking it like a bump key, and you can re-lock it without leaving evidence you messed with it.

But everybody needs to realize that locks and keys only keep honest people honest anyway. There is not much you can do to stop somebody from breaking in if they really want to. About all you can hope for is to make it take long enough to break in that they get caught when they try.

Which is the point they are trying to make in the video -- if it only takes 5 seconds for a thief to pop it open, that's not much of a barrier. For bonus points, he can lock it back up when he's done so you'll never know how he got in.

But everybody needs to realize that locks and keys only keep honest people honest anyway. There is not much you can do to stop somebody from breaking in if they really want to. About all you can hope for is to make it take long enough to break in that they get caught when they try.

That's completely false. An honest person wouldn't steal someone else's stuff, whether it's locked up or not. A lock is a basic form of security that only keeps someone whose dishonesty is only being kept in check by having to expend any effort at all.

It's all on a spectrum. If someone is totally honest, no locks are required. If someone is slightly dishonest, they might decide that defeating the lock isn't worth the effort or the reward, so the lock protects the thing. If someone is hell bent on defeating

This idiom is contradictory on it's face but it illustrates a truth about people and the human condition, nobody is perfect. You can obtain a large amount of compliance by placing even token limits on behavior. It's why we paint lines on roads, put locks on doors, label doors "Entry Only" (when by law they must function as an exit) and put DNS filters on company networks to keep NSFW surfing down. We encourage generally honest people to stay on the straight and narrow by offering even token amounts of effort to step over into "dishonest" behavior. None of my examples are any more than tokens and all are easily circumvented with little effort and serve to encourage imperfect people to do the right things because most of us actually have a conscience that we listen to and it screams loudly when it take effort to do wrong.

So, really, NOBODY is totally honest, but keeping the majority of people from being dishonest doesn't usually take much.... Which if you think about the idiom, is a clever illustration of the concept, even if it has logical consistency issues because none of us are perfect..

i once had a bum sadly asking me for a snickers bar he saw in my car because he thought i looked too nice to have a car broken into. i didn't know whether to appreciate the sentiment or be alarmed. i just stood there confused.

The American and Abus padlocks can have the cylinder removed and recoded easily (as long as you have a key), saving you from buying a whole new lock if you simply want to keep one keyholder out for whatever reason.

7fc3f7cf58