How Profiles will work on SQL Serve 2022 and SSIS created on VS2019?

Moisey Gruzman

Feb 16, 2024, 3:51:37 PMFeb 16
to ProfilesRNS
Our IT expects to upgrade Profiles Environment to newest SQL Server and VS. How Profiles will work in that Environment or other new Server and VS? We need this know before they will start upgrade.

Brown, Nicholas William

Feb 20, 2024, 10:44:20 AMFeb 20
to profi...@googlegroups.com

Moisey

We have not tested profiles on SQL Server 2022 yet, however, I don’t foresee any issues with the database. We are not using any of the features depreciated by SQL 2022.

SSIS 2022 claims not to have any depreciated features, so again, the SSIS package should work, but will almost certainly have to be recompiled in the latest version of Visual Studio. This can be an issue depending on the version. SSIS 2016 for example was very particular about the version of Visual Studio it was compiled on.

I will attempt to perform an install on SQL Server 2022 in the near future to confirm compatibility.

Nick