Research Opportunities Plugin

Thomas Jefferson University

Mar 20, 2023, 2:51:42 PM3/20/23
to ProfilesRNS
Hello All,

We are looking to identify a solution that would allow students to apply to research opportunities posted within Profiles. Does anyone know of an existing solution that would allow students to contact a professor from the Profiles research activities and funding section? Is this something that might be handled through ORNG? If so, how do we access ORNG, as the link on http://profiles.catalyst.harvard.edu/ is password protected.

Thank you,
TJU

Meeks, Eric

Mar 21, 2023, 1:51:01 PM3/21/23
to profi...@googlegroups.com

Hey there. I wouldn’t use ORNG for this but the new Plugins that Profiles supports is a good way to do it. We’ve built a few plugins for similar things and we are trying to phase out of ORNG and move everything over to a plugin. It’s documented pretty well but you do need to be comfortable with C# and .NET development to build them. We can set up a meeting to show you what we’ve built if that would help. So far we have UCSF specific plugins for Global Health Data, Mentoring and Featured Videos. For our Featured Videos we use a paid service so that we can support more backend video sources then what Profiles supports for free, hence our need to build a custom solution.

Hope this helps,

Eric

Apr 7, 2023, 2:13:59 PM4/7/23
to ProfilesRNS
We would love to revive the user group calls - maybe quarterly?  Maybe a tutorial on the plugins would be a great topic for the next one.